Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss (Large) Box 2 Folder 13 Miscellaneous manuscripts (Large)
TitleMiscellaneous manuscripts (Large)
- Rudolf II, Holy Roman Emperor, 1552-1612
- Vels, Anselm von
Other related names
- Vesten, Johan, recipient
Call numberMisc Mss (Large) Box 2 Folder 13
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9944247133503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageIn German, with Latin phrase
Letter from Emperor Rudolf II, with his signature and seal, dated Prague, 18 October 1581, addressed to Johan Vesten, doctor of law and fiscal procurator of the imperial chamber (Camergericht) in Speyer, concerning an exemption proceeding (Exemptionshandlung), apparently for a church or cloister (Gottshaus), possibly in Isen. Rudolf refers to an enclosed copy of his instructions (not extant). The document is also signed by 2 officials, Anselm (Anshelm) von Vels and another by the last name Hoffman, under the rubric: ad mandatum domini electi imperatoris proprium. Originally folded with name and title of addressee, and later notations, on outside.
Extent1 item (1 leaf)
- Sold by Bernard Quaritch (London), 1963.
- Seals (artifacts)
- Manuscripts, German--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Misc Mss (Large) Box 2 Folder 13: Miscellaneous manuscripts (Large) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- fol. 2v — Embossed seal, f. 2v