Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 1017 Doutes et questions sur le traité de Versailles du 1er may 1756 entre le Roi et l'Imperatrice, Reine de Hongrie
TitleDoutes et questions sur le traité de Versailles du 1er may 1756 entre le Roi et l'Imperatrice, Reine de Hongrie
- Favier, Jean Louis, 1710 or 11-1784 Favier, Jean Louis, 1710 or 11-1784
Call numberMs. Codex 1017
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 3825721
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- circa 1757
Argument that the defensive treaty between France and Austria dated 1 May 1756 was detrimental to the interests of France. This treatise was circulated widely in manuscript during the Seven Years' War and published anonymously in 1778.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from title page (f. 1r).
- A note on the title page indicates that this argument was composed and presented after the signing of the treaty in May 1756 and before the invasion by Frederick the Great of Saxony in August 1756 and Bohemia in the spring of 1757; the presence of the note itself, however, suggests that this copy is from 1757 or later.
Extent35 leaves : 335 x 216 (294 x 170) mm
CollationPaper, 35; 1⁸ 2¹² 3¹⁰(-10) 4⁶; [i], 1-33, [i]; contemporary foliation in ink, upper right recto.
BindingFour quires sewn together with ribbon.
- Purchased, 1961.
- Seven Years' War, 1756-1763--Diplomatic history
- Manuscripts, French--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
Loose note 1, Side 1
1038_0009.tif (69.1 MB)
1038_0009_thumb.jpg (1.7 KB)
1038_0009_web.jpg (83.6 KB)
Loose note 1, Side 2
1038_0010.tif (69.1 MB)
1038_0010_thumb.jpg (1.8 KB)
1038_0010_web.jpg (92.8 KB)