Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 1022 Etat de la recherche de la noblesse de la generalite d'Alencon
TitleEtat de la recherche de la noblesse de la generalite d'Alencon
- Marle, de, Monsieur
Call numberMs. Codex 1022
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 3848862
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Lists of the noble families in Alençon and eight other parishes in the Normandy region of northwest France, arranged first alphabetically by parish and then alphabetically by surname, with notes on the status of their claim to nobility (p. 3-109), followed by an index by surname (p. 111-133) and a comparison of this copy of de Marle's work with another unknown copy of the same work (p. 1-29).
- Ms. codex.
- Title from title page (p. 1; two illegible words represented by the mark of omission); date based on latest date in work (e.g., p. 6).
- Notes on the title page explain that the lists include ancient noble families, those who were referred to the Conseil, those who were condemned as usurpers, those who received noble status after 1614, and those who are exempt from the tax, and explain how these various categories are marked in the lists.
Extent87 leaves : 369 x 220 mm. bound to 378 x 238 mm
FoliationPaper, ii (later paper) + 87 + ii (later paper); 1-133, [i], 1-29, [xi]; contemporary pagination in ink, upper outer corners.
BindingHalf pigskin (Zacour-Hirsch).
- Bookplate inside front cover: Ex libris B[ar]on Du Charmel, No. 1504 (lion and crown, motto "Que Sçay Ie?").
- Note in pencil inside front flyleaf suggests this volume was purchased by an earlier owner from Gaston or Henri Saffroy in 1949.
- Purchased, 1968.
- Manuscripts, French--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
1069_0001.tif (73.8 MB)
1069_0001_thumb.jpg (6.8 KB)
1069_0001_web.jpg (558.2 KB)