Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 104 Le constitutione delle Suore della penitentia de Santo Domenico del Terzo Ordine del Monasterio di Santo Vincentio di Firenze vocato Annalena
TitleLe constitutione delle Suore della penitentia de Santo Domenico del Terzo Ordine del Monasterio di Santo Vincentio di Firenze vocato Annalena
Call numberMs. Codex 104
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580446
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- between 1475 and 1499
Constitutions of the Dominican sisters of the third order of the monastery of Santo Vincentio in Florence, called Annalena, which was founded in 1494.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from rubric (f. 1r).
- Except for some stains on the parchment, generally in very good condition.
Extent17 leaves : 248 x 173 (173 x 102) mm. bound to 254 x 177 m.
CollationParchment, i (modern paper) + 17 + i (modern paper); 1¹⁰, 2¹⁰(-3) [bound as 2²(+1), 3⁴]; 1-17; contemporary foliation in ink, upper right recto. The three single folios of what was originally quire 2 have been given tissue supports and sewn as a quire of one bifolium and one single folio. This was probably done at the time of the original sewing.
Binding15th-century Italian limp vellum.
Rubricated throughout; spaces for initials at the beginning of each chapter.
- Formerly owned by Prince Petri Ginori Conti (bookplate, inside upper cover); sold by Olschki (Florence) at one point (inv. # 27860; sticker, inside upper cover).
- Acquired, 1963.
- Catholic Church--Discipline
- Monasticism and religious orders for women--History--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Italian--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- Inside front cover — Bookplate, Inside front cover
Inside front cover
0551_0001.tif (89.9 MB)
0551_0001_thumb.jpg (4.0 KB)
0551_0001_web.jpg (256.5 KB)
Decoration: Bookplate, Inside front cover