Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 1062 Sermons on Job 21.15
TitleSermons on Job 21.15
- White, William, 1748-1836 White, William, 1748-1836
Call numberMs. Codex 1062
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 4146722
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- between 1772 and 1836
Drafts of two sermons on Job 21.15, with cancellations, insertions, and Biblical references and other notes added in red ink. A contemporary paper cover bound in at the beginning of the first sermon had the title Of prayer from Job 21.15, Vth Sermon, in black ink but was changed in red ink to Sermon XCIX, Of prayer (First sermon).
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
Extent81 leaves : 168 x 102 mm. bound to 176 x 126 mm
FoliationPaper, 81; [1-81]; modern pencil foliation, lower right recto, does not include guard pages between sermons.
Binding19th-century leather; title in gilt on upper cover, Mss. sermons of the Rt. Rev. William White.
- Bookplate: Yarnall Library of Theology, St. Clement's Church (Philadelphia, Pa.); acquired by the Yarnall Library before 1933.
- Deposited with the Yarnall Library of Theology at the University of Pennsylvania, 1974.
- Episcopal Church--Sermons
- Sermons, American
- Manuscripts, American--18th century
- Manuscripts, American--19th century
Inside front cover
1407_0001.tif (42.2 MB)
1407_0001_thumb.jpg (8.1 KB)
1407_0001_web.jpg (526.3 KB)
1407_0006.tif (42.2 MB)
1407_0006_thumb.jpg (4.5 KB)
1407_0006_web.jpg (395.8 KB)
Section: First sermon, f. 1r
1407_0092.tif (42.2 MB)
1407_0092_thumb.jpg (6.8 KB)
1407_0092_web.jpg (345.1 KB)
Section: Second sermon, f. 42r