Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 1097 In Organum Aristotelis ... etc.
TitleIn Organum Aristotelis ... etc.
- Batardin, François
Call numberMs. Codex 1097
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 4248398
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageLatin, with the first two words of the second work in Greek
Written in France in 1605 (p. 520).
Commentaries on the Organon and Categoriae of Aristotle, preceded by a brief treatise on philosophical vocabulary and followed by a table of contents for all three works.
- Ms. codex.
- Title for manuscript from title of predominant work (p. 1 of second work); dated 1605 at end of third work (p. 520).
Extent269 leaves : 222 x 160 (176 x 113) mm. bound to 229 x 180 mm
FoliationPaper, 269; [ii], 17, [i], 1-64, 69-164, 173-350, 352-520, [521-532]; contemporary pagination in ink, upper outer corners. References in this record are to the contemporary pagination.
BindingContemporary calf; author's name in gilt within sprays of laurel leaves on boards, "Fran/cois" on upper cover and "Batar/din" on lower cover; gilt borders to sides and small flower tool in spine compartments; gilt edges; headcap chipped, corners worn (Gaskell).
- Owner name François Batardin on binding; signature, Franciscus Bastardinus (p. ). Pen trials on the front flyleaf include the name Cornuty or Cornut.
- Sold by Roger Gaskell Rare Books, cat. 38 (2006), no. 5.
- Logic--Early works to 1800
- Categories (Philosophy)--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Latin--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
1766_0001.tif (70.0 MB)
1766_0001_thumb.jpg (4.9 KB)
1766_0001_web.jpg (315.0 KB)