Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 1163 Introductory lectures
- Shippen, William, 1736?-1808
Other related names
- Heydrick, Christopher, 1770-1856, transcriber
Call numberMs. Codex 1163
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 4300944
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- circa 1790
Notes of Christopher Heydrick, a student at the University of Pennsylvania circa 1790, taken from the lectures of William Shippen on anatomy. Topics include the definition and origin of anatomy, blood, glands, nerves, reproductive organs, bones, lungs, and heart.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from caption title (f. 1r).
Extent100 leaves : 201 x 162 mm. bound to 207 x 179 mm
FoliationPaper, vi + 92 + ii; signatures A-M every sixth leaf beginning on f. 19; [1-92]; modern foliation in pencil, lower right recto.
BindingLate eighteenth- or early nineteenth-century quarter calf; upper cover detached.
- Gift of Louise Heydrick, 1963.
- University of Pennsylvania.--Dept. of Medicine
- Anatomy--18th century
- Medicine--Study and teaching--18th century
- Lecture notes
- Manuscripts, American--18th century
Inside front cover
1626_0001.tif (75.6 MB)
1626_0001_thumb.jpg (4.8 KB)
1626_0001_web.jpg (323.1 KB)