Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 1260 Processi contra il vescovo di Valva del 1500 ... etc.
TitleProcessi contra il vescovo di Valva del 1500 ... etc.
- Naples (Kingdom) Naples (Kingdom)
Other related names
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
- North, Frederick, Earl of Guilford, 1766-1827, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 1260
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 4397106
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageLatin, with some Italian
Includes a dispute over the land of the Santa Maria de Lecto abbey, overseen by Carolus de Rogeriis of Salerno, representing King Ferdinand, and his actorum magister Maximus Ruta. Consists of twelve parts, covering the entire proceedings from June 30 to October 15, 1500. Also includes a supplication for the reintroduction of fiefs, under supervision of Joannes Christophorus de Transmundi. The second work is separately paged in a contemporary hand. Several of the documents throughout both sections contain notarial signets, wax seals, and signatures.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from spine.
Extent80 leaves : 284-295 x 210 mm. bound to 300 x 220 mm
FoliationPaper, ii (modern paper) + 80 + ii (modern paper); 1-33, [34-36], 2-21 (=37-56), 40 (=57), 22-28 (=58-64), [65-80]; contemporary foliation in ink, modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
BindingModern boards with vellum spine (Zacour-Hirsch).
- Formerly owned by Sir Thomas Phillipps, ms. 5450
- Formerly owned by Frederick North, Earl of Guilford (bookplate, inside upper cover with the mottos La vertue est la seule noblesse and Auspicium melioris aevi).
- Real property--Italy.--15th century
- Notarial documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
Inside front cover
1255_0001.tif (59.3 MB)
1255_0001_thumb.jpg (4.1 KB)
1255_0001_web.jpg (252.2 KB)