Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 127 Pharmacopeia (Arzneibuch)
Call numberMs. Codex 127
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580543
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Medical miscellany, containing remedies and treatments for various diseases. The first section (f. 1r-92v) is a numbered collection of 300 remedies and treatments of various kinds: numbers 1-221 are arranged by diseases; 220-40 are potable remedies; 241-281 are salves; 282-300 are on miscellaneous matters; a table of contents (Register) in the same hand is at the end. The second section, containing 100 numbered remedies and treatments, is divided into two parts: Bewerte Mitl vor die Frauen (f. 97r-110v) and Unterschiedliche bewerte Mitl vor die Kinder (f. 111r-120v). There is text written on both front and back pastedowns.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger (Zacour-Hirsch). Title in manuscript: Ein schen und gerechtes Artney [sic] Buech von Dreihundert Arznei Mitln (f. 1r); the title is evidently intended to be "Artzey Buech," i.e. Arzneibuch.
Extent146 leaves : 200 x 152 (166 x 123) mm. bound to 202 x 170 mm
FoliationPaper, 146; [1-146]; modern foliation in pencil, lower right recto.
Binding17th-century German parchment over pasteboard with remnants of 2 pairs of green silk ties. Cover deteriorating, especially at spine, which is cracked and peeling away. Cover starting to pull away at inside back hinge. Some folios slightly stained. Final folio detached.
- Purchased, 1964.
- Medicine--Early works to 1800
- Medicine--Formulae, receipts, prescriptions--Early works to 1800
- Pharmacology--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, German--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
2330_0001.tif (62.6 MB)
2330_0001_thumb.jpg (5.9 KB)
2330_0001_web.jpg (382.8 KB)