Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Oversize Ms. Codex 1330 Ledger of Medici accounts
TitleLedger of Medici accounts
Call numberOversize Ms. Codex 1330
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9944405023503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Ledger of accounts of an unidentified member of the Medici family for the years 1535-1536. Often includes the nature of a given credit or debt and its amount, as well as listing the names of the individuals that hold the debt or credit. Among the names that appear throughout the ledger and who act as counterparts in the transactions, the most frequent are Carlo, Ottaviano, and Niccolo de' Medici; Francesco Rucellai; Federigo de Ricci; and Francesco Ettolino. Transactions are sometimes related to the sale of textile products, or to payments for produce or rent, as well as small debts and credits. Most of the individuals who appear in the ledger are members of different Florentine aristocratic families who worked for the Medici as diplomats or statesmen, but who also often acted as business counterparts.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Forms part of: Gondi-Medici Business Records.
WatermarkSimilar to Briquet, Echelle 5926 (Siena, 1524).
Extent96 leaves : 336 x 117 mm. bound to 339 x 134 mm
FoliationPaper, 96; , 2-44, 44, 45, 47-50, [51-96]; contemporary foliation in ink, modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto (f. 50-96 are blank but ruled).
BindingModern vellum; previous binding had no. 164 on contemporary slip attached on spine (Zacour-Hirsch).
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal, 1961.
- Accounting--Italy--16th century
- Textile industry--Italy--Early works to 1800
- Credit records
- Ledgers (account books)
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Oversize Ms. Codex 1330: Ledger of Medici accounts are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
0591_0001.tif (48.6 MB)
0591_0001_thumb.jpg (2.6 KB)
0591_0001_web.jpg (123.3 KB)
Loose note 1, Side 1
0591_0103.tif (48.6 MB)
0591_0103_thumb.jpg (2.0 KB)
0591_0103_web.jpg (82.8 KB)
Loose note 1, Side 2
0591_0104.tif (48.6 MB)
0591_0104_thumb.jpg (2.0 KB)
0591_0104_web.jpg (82.6 KB)