Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 147 Permission to Pedro de Anaya to erect a house
TitlePermission to Pedro de Anaya to erect a house
- Ferdinand V, King of Spain, 1452-1516 Ferdinand V, King of Spain, 1452-1516
- Isabella I, Queen of Spain, 1451-1504 Isabella I, Queen of Spain, 1451-1504
Call numberMs. Codex 147
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580556
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Authority given to Pedro de Anaya by Ferdinand and Isabella to build a house in the village of Cabrillas (near Salamanca), provided the major of Ciudad Rodrigo would make certain that the said house was not fortified or capable of being converted into a stronghold for resistance. The Catholic Kings in their efforts to curb the powers of noblemen had prohibited the building of new castles or fortified homes. (This note and the item description taken from an unidentified dealer's or catalog description on file in the Library.)
- Ms. bifolium.
- The 17th-century note accompanying the document refers to it as Probision en favor de Pedro de Anaya.
- Title supplied by cataloger (Zacour-Hirsch).
- Paper split and torn at the edges. Badly worn along a horizontal fold. Stains. Possibly some oxidation of ink.
Extent3 leaves : 310 x 220 mm
FoliationPaper, i (17th-century[?] paper) + 2; [i], [1-2]; modern foliation in pencil, lower right recto.
- Acquired, 1960.
- Manuscripts, Spanish--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance