Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Oversize Ms. Codex 1500 Ledger of Detti accounts and memoranda
TitleLedger of Detti accounts and memoranda
Call numberOversize Ms. Codex 1500
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9944875913503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Ledger of accounts of Giovanbattista Detti for the years 1557-1558. Giovanbattista Detti, spelled Deti in the manuscript, was a member of the guild of the lanaioli, merchants who dealt in woolen cloth and cooperated with the other corporations of bankers and merchants in the Comune of Florence. The present manuscript contains mostly transactions concerning the payment of wool workers, who were not paid according to the time they worked, but according to the quantity of cloth (measured in panni) they made instead. There is also a small number of accounts related to the purchase of soaps, frequently used in certain phases of the manufacture of wool, especially scouring. Miscellaneous accounts related to small debts and credits, and short memoranda containing information on how a specific event led to a debt or credit are also present.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Forms part of: Gondi-Medici Business Records.
WatermarkSimilar to Briquet, Armoires Lion 1883 (Florence, 1529), but with the lion's snout more defined.
Extent150 leaves : 333 x 223 mm. bound to 350 x 235 mm
FoliationPaper, 150; 1-25, [26-76], 76-113, [114-149], contemporary foliation in ink, modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
Detti signet in ink (f. 1r).
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal, 1963.
- Arte della lana (Guild : Florence, Italy)
- Accounting--Italy--16th century
- Textile industry--Italy--Early works to 1800
- Dyes and dyeing--Italy--Early works to 1800
- Wool industry--Italy--History
- Woolen and worsted manufacture--Italy--History
- Credit records
- Ledgers (account books)
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Oversize Ms. Codex 1500: Ledger of Detti accounts and memoranda are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- fol. 1r — Signet, f. 1r
Inside front cover
1336_0001.tif (86.6 MB)
1336_0001_thumb.jpg (2.7 KB)
1336_0001_web.jpg (128.8 KB)
1336_0006.tif (86.6 MB)
1336_0006_thumb.jpg (3.9 KB)
1336_0006_web.jpg (236.2 KB)
Decoration: Signet, f. 1r