Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Oversize Ms. Codex 1519 Additions to Statuta, constitutiones ac decreta ducalis provincae Friniani
TitleAdditions to Statuta, constitutiones ac decreta ducalis provincae Friniani
Call numberOversize Ms. Codex 1519
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9944922063503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageItalian and Latin
Additions to the printed volume Statuta, constitutiones ac decreta ducalis provincae Friniani (Reggio Emilia: Hercoliano Bartoli, 1587). The volume contains a revised copy of the statutes of Frignano, a small city in the Duchy of Modena and Reggio, Northern Italy. The statutes, originally written in 1337, are divided into four parts, or libri, each in turn divided into smaller sections, called rubricae. Detailed index and table of contents with the topics of the laws codified in the statute can be found at the beginning of the volume (f.[i-x]).The manuscript additions contain copies of correspondence, dated 1547, between a local member of the government and a citizen, named Gherardino, who complained about having to pay taxes and customs fees; copies of laws regulating the salt trade and industry, followed by data on the production of salt in the villages of the province; and an essay, referred to as guida, dated 1602, illustrating a law issued by Cesare d'Este, that stated that citizens of the Duchy can lose their rights and property if they leave the region for periods longer than ten years.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from title page.
WatermarkSimilar to Briquet, Ancre 572 (Ferrara, 1598).
Extent113 leaves : 299 x 197 mm. bound to 308 x 205 mm
FoliationPaper, 113; [x], 1-89, [90-95 (printed), 96-103], contemporary foliation in ink, modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto (f.1-96 printed).
BindingHalf morocco (Zacour-Hirsch); Statuta ducalis provincae Friniani on spine.
- Law--Italy--Reggio Emilia
- Salt industry and trade--Law and legislation--Italy--Reggio Emilia
- Salt--Taxation--Italy--Reggio Emilia
- Hybrid books
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Italian--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- Hybrid book
- 16th century
- 17th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Oversize Ms. Codex 1519: Additions to Statuta, constitutiones ac decreta ducalis provincae Friniani are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Table of contents
- fol. 97r — Manuscript additions, f. 97r
Inside front cover
1785_0001.tif (57.8 MB)
1785_0001_thumb.jpg (2.4 KB)
1785_0001_web.jpg (119.2 KB)
1785_0216.tif (57.8 MB)
1785_0216_thumb.jpg (4.6 KB)
1785_0216_web.jpg (273.3 KB)
Section: Manuscript additions, f. 97r