Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 153 Draft of a dispatch to Ramon de Cordova, Viceroy of Sicily
TitleDraft of a dispatch to Ramon de Cordova, Viceroy of Sicily
- Ferdinand V, King of Spain, 1452-1516 Ferdinand V, King of Spain, 1452-1516
Call numberMs. Codex 153
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580564
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Written in Spain in 1507 (f. 1r).
In the dispatch Ferdinand discusses policies to be pursued in Italy.
- Ms. gathering.
- Title supplied by cataloger (Zacour-Hirsch).
- Consists of two bifolia, the first forming f. 1-2 and the second forming f. 3-4.
- Unbound. Wrapped in a later paper wrapper containing two descriptions in English, possibly 19th century in date. The first description is preceded by the heading "No. 16." The second is signed "H. T.[?] Bell" and appears to have been written at the British Museum.
- Previously enclosed in a paper wrapper from the dealer Maggs Brothers Ltd. in London, which is now on file in the Library.
- Edges of paper brittle and split in places.
Extent4 leaves : 298 x 220 mm
FoliationPaper, 4; [1-4]; modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
- Appears once to have been in the possession of the British Museum.
- Sold by Maggs Brothers (London), 1960.
- Manuscripts, Spanish--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance