Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 161 Sentencia contra el Almine?
TitleSentencia contra el Almine?
Call numberMs. Codex 161
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580571
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Written in Valdenoceda (province of Burgos, Spain), 1447 (modern marginal note, f. 8v).
Notarial document from the province of Burgos in Spain.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from caption title (f. 1r) and from back cover title, both of which appear to be later in date than the text . Title in Zacour-Hirsch, "Sentenzia contra el Almeriens[?]," appears to be due to a misreading of the caption and back cover titles.
- Caption title and incipit are hard to read; front cover title illegible.
- Sheets of parchment not of uniform shape. Some stains. Cover badly stained, wrinkled, and torn at the edges. Cover coming loose.
Extent8 leaves : 279 x 190 (211 x 148) mm. bound to 286 x 207 mm
CollationParchment, 8; 1⁸; [1-8]; modern foliation in pencil, lower right recto.
Decorated initial in red and blue (f. 1r); a few other initials in red. Notarial signets drawn in ink at the bottom of each page.
- Given along with two other Valdenoceda notarial documents by Julio Armino (Chile) in exchange for a Geiger counter, 1958.
- Notarial documents
- Manuscripts, Spanish--15th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- fol. 1r — Decorated initial, Initial S, f. 1r
Inside front cover
0558_0001.tif (54.1 MB)
0558_0001_thumb.jpg (4.4 KB)
0558_0001_web.jpg (281.4 KB)
0558_0002.tif (54.1 MB)
0558_0002_thumb.jpg (6.3 KB)
0558_0002_web.jpg (412.0 KB)
Decoration: Decorated initial, Initial S, f. 1r