Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 178 El mas felíz cautiverio, y los sueños de Josef
TitleEl mas felíz cautiverio, y los sueños de Josef
- Mira de Amescua, Antonio, d. 1644
Other related names
- Gillet, Joseph E. b. 1888, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 178
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580592
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageSpanish, with a few lines in Catalan
Written in Spain, probably in the 18th century. Date on cover, 24 August 1812, probably refers to the date of a performance.
Play concerning the story of Joseph from the Book of Genesis. In three acts, with stage directions.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from heading (f. 2r).
- Attributed to Antonio Mira de Amescua in the 1792 printed edition.
Extent70 leaves : 207 x 152 (202 x 70) mm. bound to 221 x 160 mm
FoliationPaper, 70; [1-70]; modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
BindingContemporary boards, with remains of leather ties. Manuscript cover inscription: Comedia. El mas feliz cautive[r?]o y los sueños de Josef. Dia, 24. de Agosto, de M. VCCCXII [sic]. Cover worn and stained. Many leaves stained. Last two leaves very loose.
- Formerly owned by Joseph E. Gillet; purchased from his estate, 1958.
- Spanish drama--Classical period, 1500-1700
- Spanish literature--Classical period, 1500-1700
- Plays (document genre)
- Manuscripts, Spanish--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
2408_0001.tif (67.9 MB)
2408_0001_thumb.jpg (6.1 KB)
2408_0001_web.jpg (377.8 KB)