Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 180 Agreement pertaining to the rents and privileges of the Canons Regular of Urgel
TitleAgreement pertaining to the rents and privileges of the Canons Regular of Urgel
- Canons Regular of Urgel Canons Regular of Urgel
- Petrus, Bertrandi Petrus, Bertrandi
Call numberMs. Codex 180
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1551772
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageCatalan, with prologue in Latin
Agreement, in 42 numbered paragraphs, pertaining to the rents and privileges of the Canons Regular of Urgel, in the Catalonian province of Lerida. Drawn up on 2 September 1415 by the notary and rector Petrus Bernardi of Bescaran, with Jacobus Fabre and Petrus de Artedo present as representatives of Urgel (f. 1r).
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger (Zacour-Hirsch).
- Incipit: Notum sit cunctis quod ...
- Caption in later hand (f. 1r): Bescaran.
- According to the Latin prologue (f. 1r), the document was drawn up and written by the notary and rector Petrus Bertrandi of Bescaran (spelled "Besqueran" in the prologue). In the prologue, Petrus refers to himself in the first person. The prologue gives the names of the two representatives of Urgel as Jacobus Fabre and Petrus de Artedo (f. 1r).
- Notarial colophon (f. 11v): Bernardus consulis vocatur, qui scripsit a domino benedicatur. Zacour-Hirsch and Bernard Rosenthal's description regard this Bernardus as the same person as the Petrus Bertrandi mentioned in the prologue. This is likely but is by no means certain.
- Paragraphs numbered in the margin with roman numerals. Marginal gloss on f. 2r.
- Cover boards slightly warped. One parchment leaf has a very uneven edge, a couple others have holes. Many stains.
- Description clipped from unidentified dealers catalog, in Latin and French, pasted inside front cover. Typewritten description by Bernard M. Rosenthal, Inc. on file in the Library.
Extent12 leaves : 224 x 152 (155 x 103) mm. bound to 234 x 154 mm
FoliationParchment, i (modern paper) + 12 + i (modern paper); 1-6, [7-12]; contemporary foliation in red ink, lower right recto.
Two red figurated initials (f. 4v); extensive use of red for initials, paragraph marks and colophon.
- Sold by Bernard M. Rosenthal, Inc., New York, 1961[?].
- Catholic Church--Clergy--Religious life
- Monasticism and religious orders--Privileges and immunities
- Notarial documents
- Manuscripts, Catalan--15th century
- Manuscripts, Spanish--15th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
Inside front cover
0547_0001.tif (75.8 MB)
0547_0001_thumb.jpg (3.7 KB)
0547_0001_web.jpg (294.2 KB)
0547_0004.tif (75.8 MB)
0547_0004_thumb.jpg (6.0 KB)
0547_0004_web.jpg (356.7 KB)
Decoration: Decorated initial, Initial N, f. 1r
Decoration: Decorated initial, Initial E, f. 1r
0547_0011.tif (75.8 MB)
0547_0011_thumb.jpg (6.2 KB)
0547_0011_web.jpg (342.0 KB)
Decoration: Decorated initial, Initial I, Face, f. 4v
0547_0020.tif (75.8 MB)
0547_0020_thumb.jpg (5.7 KB)
0547_0020_web.jpg (340.7 KB)
Decoration: Decorated initial, Initial N, f. 9r