Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 182 Codigo de Argensola
TitleCodigo de Argensola
- Leonardo de Argensola, Lupercio, 1559-1613
Call numberMs. Codex 182
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1551774
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Written in Spain in the 17th century (Zacour-Hirsch).
Collection of verses by Lupercio Leonardo de Argensola.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from spine. Zacour-Hirsch has as a secondary title "Poesias varias."
Extent147 leaves : 200 x 143 (152 x 110) mm. bound to 205 x 142 mm
FoliationPaper, 147; [iii], 1-130, [xiv]; contemporary foliation in ink, upper right recto. Some folio numbers were partially trimmed away when the edges of the leaves were trimmed prior to binding.
BindingContemporary half calf, with marbled paper over the front and back boards. Upper and lower hinges wearing. Edges of cover boards wearing. In a few places the trimming has clipped off the ends of words. Some stains.
- Formerly owned by the Bibliotheca Mayansiana of Gregorio Mayano y Sisean[?]; purchased in London in 1840 by a P. de. G. (note, f. iii recto before f. 1).
- Purchased, 1936[?].
- Spanish literature--Classical period, 1500-1700
- Spanish poetry--Classical period, 1500-1700
- Manuscripts, Spanish--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
2720_0001.tif (68.0 MB)
2720_0001_thumb.jpg (4.6 KB)
2720_0001_web.jpg (256.7 KB)