Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 210 Jonathan, or, The true friend
TitleJonathan, or, The true friend
- Cerisiers, Réné de, 1609-1662 Cerisiers, Réné de, 1609-1662
Other related names
- Mazarin, Jules, 1602-1661, dedicatee
Call numberMs. Codex 210
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2486436
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageEnglish, translated from French
Written in England, circa 1660.
- circa 1660
- Ms. codex.
- Title from title page (p. i), Jonathan, or The true friend. Written originallie in French by The famous de Ceriziers Almoner to the King. Done Into English by [attribution and date deliberately made unreadable]. Date appears to be 1660.
- Dedication: "To my Lord the Most Eminent Cardinall Mazarin." (p. iii-iv).
- Pencilled note next to title page reads: "Several translations were done by Sir Wm. Lower from the same author. This original manuscript appears not printed." [Name blocked out on title page does not appear to be Lower, however.].
Extent88 leaves : 205 x 158 (172 x 112) mm. bound to 214 x 170 mm
FoliationPaper, i + 88 + i; [iv], 1-163, [164-170]; contemporary pagination in ink, modern pagination in pencil, upper outer corners..
- Manuscripts, English--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
2435_0001.tif (76.4 MB)
2435_0001_thumb.jpg (4.0 KB)
2435_0001_web.jpg (253.1 KB)