Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 229 A letter of advise, sent by an antient counceller of State unto Kinge Charles against the seditious libelling of Tom Tell Truth, and other pamphletters of that nature
TitleA letter of advise, sent by an antient counceller of State unto Kinge Charles against the seditious libelling of Tom Tell Truth, and other pamphletters of that nature
- Baltimore, George Calvert, Baron, 1580?-1632
Call numberMs. Codex 229
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580609
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- ca. 1640
A letter of advise, in seven chapters, with a list of contents (f. 2r). When published in 1643 (Wing B611), this work was attributed to George Calvert, first Lord Baltimore. This volume also includes another tract, Whether England hath received any benefit by preserving the quarrel of the Hollanders ... (f. 49r).
- Ms. codex.
- Title from title page (f. 1r); title of second work from caption title (f. 49r).
Extent52 leaves : 306 x 190 (222 x 110) mm. bound to 315 x 205 mm
FoliationPaper, ii (18th-century paper) + 52 + ii + (18th-century paper); [1-52]; modern foliation in pencil, lower right recto.
Binding18th-century calf, rebacked.
- Bookplates pasted inside upper cover: Auxilium meum a domino, Th. Mostyn 1744; A domino auxilium meum [unidentified, 19th century].
- Acquired, 1952.
- Pamphleteers--England--Early works to 1800
- Tracts (documents)
- Manuscripts, English--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
- Inside front cover — Bookplate, Inside front cover
Inside front cover
1214_0001.tif (61.6 MB)
1214_0001_thumb.jpg (6.4 KB)
1214_0001_web.jpg (524.1 KB)
Decoration: Bookplate, Inside front cover