Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 238 The foundling, a tragedy
TitleThe foundling, a tragedy
Call numberMs. Codex 238
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2705122
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- between 1750 and 1850
Verse play in three acts, by an unidentified author, no date or place, "composed and written between my sixteenth and eighteenth year" according to a note on the title page. Dramatis personae are Sir John Generous, Belville, Henry, Medicum, Servant, Edwin and Conrad (peasants), Matilda (the foundling), Julia, and Maria.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from title page (p. i).
Extent39 leaves : 239 x 191 (220 x 145) mm. bound to 238 x 193 mm
FoliationPaper, 39; [iv], 1-75; contemporary pagination in ink in author's hand, upper outer corners.
- English literature--18th century
- English literature--19th century
- Youths' writings, English
- Manuscripts, English--18th century
- Manuscripts, English--19th century
- Manuscripts, European
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library, Ms. Codex 238: The foundling, a tragedy are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
Inside front cover
4326_0001.tif (80.6 MB)
4326_0001_thumb.jpg (4.6 KB)
4326_0001_web.jpg (277.9 KB)