Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 244 Il Genesi
- Aretino, Pietro, 1492-1556
Call numberMs. Codex 244
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580854
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Written in Italy in the first half of the 16th century (Zacour-Hirsch).
- between 1500 and 1550
Poetical paraphrase of Genesis by Pietro Aretino.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger (Zacour-Hirsch) and from description pasted inside upper cover; see also f. 1r, 2r and 3r.
- Spine title: Prefatio nel Genesi.
- Attribution from Zacour-Hirsch and from description pasted inside upper cover.
- Some oxidation of ink in places, occasionally making the text hard to read.
- Binding pulling loose in places; spine breaking between ff. 36-37. Cover splitting, cracking and peeling at spine and at edges.
Extent109 leaves : 211 x 136 (154 x 86) mm. bound to 215 x 137 mm
FoliationPaper, 109; [1-109]; modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
BindingContemporary vellum (Zacour-Hirsch).
- Formerly owned by Vicentius Marini (bookplate, inside upper cover).
- Appears in Weiss cat. 1 (1926), no. 3.
- Sold by Martin Breslauer, cat. 67 (1949), no. 7.
- Italian literature--Early works to 1800
- Italian poetry--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
Inside front cover
3154_0001.tif (65.0 MB)
3154_0001_thumb.jpg (5.0 KB)
3154_0001_web.jpg (261.0 KB)
Decoration: Seller's description, Inside front cover
Decoration: Bookplate, Inside front cover