Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 247 Rime di Tonello
TitleRime di Tonello
- Quinziano, Giulio
- Petrarca, Francesco, 1304-1374
Call numberMs. Codex 247
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2486448
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Written in Italy in the late 16th or early 17th century (Zacour-Hirsch).
- between 1675 and 1725
Poems in the dialects of Bergamo and Brescia, attributed to Tonello (Giulio Quinziano?). Possibly a paraphrase of Petrarch.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from caption title (f. 1r). Attribution from Zacour-Hirsch.
Extent134 leaves : 267 x 205 (148 x 116) mm. bound to 275 x 212 mm
FoliationPaper, i (contemporary paper) + 134 + i (contemporary paper); [ii], 1-24, [i], 25-130, [i]; contemporary or near-contemporary foliation in ink, lower center recto. Leaf between f. 24-25 evidently skipped by accident when the folios were numbered. Other unnumbered leaves, at beginning and end, have no text.
BindingContemporary tooled red morocco with gold stamping. Edges of book block gilded and stamped with a vine-leaf design. Cover slightly cracked at spine, splitting at hinges. Paper damaged in places due to oxidation of ink.
- Former owners include (details from notes of Angelina Feo Light): Jacopo Soranzo (1686-1761), Matteo Luigi Canonici (1727-1806) and Walter Sneyd (bookplate, inside upper cover).
- Sold by Martin Breslauer (London), 1947.
- Italian literature--16th century
- Italian literature--17th century
- Italian poetry--16th century
- Italian poetry--17th century
- Manuscripts, Italian--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
1373_0001.tif (61.0 MB)
1373_0001_thumb.jpg (8.4 KB)
1373_0001_web.jpg (430.3 KB)
Decoration: Bookplate, Inside front cover
1373_0008.tif (61.0 MB)
1373_0008_thumb.jpg (5.3 KB)
1373_0008_web.jpg (256.5 KB)
Decoration: Decorated initial, Initial U, f. 1r