Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 257 Collection of poems
TitleCollection of poems
Other related names
- Farnese, Ranuccio, Duke of Parma and Piacenza, 1630-1694, dedicatee
- Giorgini, Marolino, dedicatee
Call numberMs. Codex 257
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580872
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- ca. 1680
Collection of poems of various types, possibly though not certainly by one author. Contains amorous as well as spiritual poems; madrigals are interspersed towards the end. One poem is identified as an imitation of Tasso (f. 12r); one is addressed to Marolino Giorgini (f. 17v), another to Ranuccio Farnese (f. 29r). Much oxidation and some text trimmed.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger; rubbed and virtually illegible writing on spine.
Extent100 leaves : 199 x 130 mm. bound to 208 x 144 mm
CollationPaper, i + 100 + i; 1-25⁴, gatherings signed 1-24, upper left first recto; 1-100, contemporary foliation with arabic numerals in ink, upper right recto.
BindingParchment, contemporary or slightly later. Writing on the inside of the parchment cover sheet, likely a discarded document, visible through the outside of the front and back covers.
- Sold by Leo S. Olschki (Florence), 1955.
- Italian literature--17th century
- Italian poetry--17th century
- Manuscripts, Italian--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
2722_0001.tif (27.2 MB)
2722_0001_thumb.jpg (2.9 KB)
2722_0001_web.jpg (170.8 KB)