Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 276 Dell'origine et governo della Republica di San Marino
TitleDell'origine et governo della Republica di San Marino
- Valli, Matteo
- Naudé, Gabriel, 1600-1653
Call numberMs. Codex 276
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580888
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageItalian; introduction in Latin
- ca. 1633
Account of the history and government of San Marino. Dedicated to Gabriel Naudé. Manuscript copy of a printed item (Padua: Appresso Giulio Crivellari, 1633). Includes a dedicatory introduction by the editor, Naudé (f. 2r-7r).
- Ms. codex.
- Title and attribution from title page (f. 1r).
- The writer of the introduction gives his name as "Gabriel Naudaeus" and indicates that he is Parisian. On f. 10r his name is given as "Gabriele Naudeo." Zacour-Hirsch renders the name as "Gabriel Naudé."
Extent30 leaves : 196 x 140 (142 x 103) mm. bound to 199 x 145 mm
CollationPaper, ii + 30 + i; 1¹⁴, 2¹⁵; [1-30]; modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
BindingPaper boards, probably contemporary. Some stains and smudges.
- Formerly owned by Leo Valli (bookplate, front flyleaf recto).
- Sold by Agletti, 1956.
- Manuscripts, Italian--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
3217_0001.tif (54.4 MB)
3217_0001_thumb.jpg (3.4 KB)
3217_0001_web.jpg (300.2 KB)