Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 304 Il Sacco di Roma :
TitleIl Sacco di Roma :
- Rossi, Patritio de Rossi, Patritio de
Call numberMs. Codex 304
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580916
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Account of the sack of Rome in 1527 (p. 1-1131). Main text is preceded by a table of contents (p. ix-xxxix). Also includes a second work by the same author: Compendio delli casi più degni e memorandi occorsi nelli pontificati da Gregorio XIII sino ad Innocenzo X (p. 1-, second pagination). In both works, the text is accompanied by topical headings in the margins, in the same hand as the text. In the first text, these headings are numbered and are keyed to the index at the beginning.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from title page (p. v).
- Spine label: Rossi. Sacco di Roma.
- Heading and incipit of first work (p. 1): Del Sacco di Roma. Parte Prima. Fin dalla mia adolescenza, vago ...
Extent613 leaves : 263 x 200 (244 x 140) mm. bound to 272 x 202 mm
FoliationPaper, i + 613 + i; [xlii], 1-1132, 1-17, [18-52]; contemporary pagination in ink, upper outer corners.
Binding18th-century stamped, gilt calf over boards. Cover worn at edges and splitting at outer hinges. Trimming has cropped away small portions of the text on some folios, especially in the second text. Some leaves frayed at the edges. Some stains and smudges. Some oxidation of ink, especially in the second text.
- Formerly owned by Francesco Casado y Velas Chesa (owner's inscription, f. i recto); E. Silvestri, Milan (bookplate, dated 1908, inside upper cover).
- Sold by Arturo Aglietti (Rome), 1959.
- Manuscripts, Italian--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
2442_0001.tif (54.1 MB)
2442_0001_thumb.jpg (7.0 KB)
2442_0001_web.jpg (440.6 KB)