Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 313 Miscellany of theological and devotional works
TitleMiscellany of theological and devotional works
- Jerome, Saint, d. 419 or 20 Jerome, Saint, d. 419 or 20
Other related names
- Suchier, Hermann, 1848-1914, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 313
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2486453
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageItalian, with first item and some titles in Latin
Written in Italy in the 15th century (Zacour-Hirsch).
Collection of works of a theological and devotional nature.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Cover worn and splitting, especially at spine. Leaves badly stained, possibly due to water damage. Writing faded in places.
- Bookseller's note in Italian (inside upper cover).
Extent38 leaves : 145 x 105 (101 x 67) mm. bound to 149 x 106 mm
FoliationPaper, vi (modern paper) + 38 + vi (modern paper); 2-12, [ii], 21-45; near contemporary foliation, upper right recto; modern foliation in pencil, lower center recto and lower right recto.
Binding19th-century[?] paper boards.
First work contains rubricated headings, numbers, and initials.
- Formerly owned by Hermann Suchier (bookplate, inside upper cover).
- Sold by Jacques Rosenthal (Munich), 1958.
- Catholic Church--Doctrines
- Christian hagiography--Early works to 1800
- Christian saints in literature--Early works to 1800
- Devotional literature, Italian--Early works to 1800
- Hagiography in literature--Early works to 1800
- Spirituality--Catholic Church
- Theology, Doctrinal--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Italian--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
Table of contents
- fol. 12r — Regula, f. 12r
Inside front cover
0566_0001.tif (37.0 MB)
0566_0001_thumb.jpg (5.5 KB)
0566_0001_web.jpg (404.6 KB)
Decoration: Bookplate, Inside front cover
Decoration: Seller's description, Inside front cover
0566_0030.tif (37.0 MB)
0566_0030_thumb.jpg (6.0 KB)
0566_0030_web.jpg (382.8 KB)
Section: Regula, f. 12r