Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 323 Schedule of tariffs on goods entering the city of Siena
TitleSchedule of tariffs on goods entering the city of Siena
- Siena (Italy) Siena (Italy)
Call numberMs. Codex 323
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580924
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Schedule of tariffs on goods entering the city of Siena, or passing through the city or contado of Siena, with appropriate statutes, drawn up by nine citizens (named on f. 4r) in 1470. Includes a table of contents (f. 2r-3v).
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger (Zacour-Hirsch); cover title partly obliterated by damage to cover; "Dogana di Siena" is legible.
- Incipit (f. 4r, 2nd para.): In questo libro sonno scritte e specificate tutte le quantita denari che pagare si dieno per nome di cabella al camarlengo ...
- Severe damage to upper portion of front cover, probably due to mice. Some smudges and stains. Slight oxidation of ink.
Extent40 leaves : 332 x 231 (259 x 150) mm. bound to 348 x 238 mm
FoliationPaper, i (parchment) + 40 + i (parchment); 1-37, [38-40]; contemporary foliation in ink, upper right recto. Also includes one front and one back endleaf of parchment, taken from a 14th century theological tract.
BindingContemporary vellum with leather reinforcement bands and leather ties.
- Sold by E. P. Goldschmidt & Co. (London), 1959.
- Tariff schedules
- Manuscripts, Italian--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
Inside front cover
0563_0001.tif (76.4 MB)
0563_0001_thumb.jpg (4.6 KB)
0563_0001_web.jpg (260.4 KB)