Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 333 Raginamento sic d'amore
TitleRaginamento sic d'amore
- Giacomini Tebalducci Malespini, Lorenzo, d. 1599
Call numberMs. Codex 333
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580947
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Written in Florence, last quarter of 16th century (Zacour-Hirsch).
- between 1575 and 1599
Text of a speech by Lorenzo Giacomini Tebalducci Malespini.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from heading (f. 1r).
- Title and attribution also written on upper cover in a contemporary or slightly later hand. There the title is spelled "Ragionamento d'amore."
- Incipit (f. 1r): Perche tutte l'operationi del' huomo tendono a qualche fine ...
- This speech appears to have remained unpublished.
- Laid into the manuscript was a copy of a letter from Prof. Enzo Orvieto of the University of Pennsylvania Romance Languages Department, dated 1 March 1967, in which Prof. Orvieto states that he has obtained a photocopy of the manuscript and is studying it for research and possible publication. This letter is on file in the Library.
Extent46 leaves : 335 x 226 (290 x 182) mm. bound to 340 x 231 mm
FoliationPaper, 46; [ii], 1-44; modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
BindingContemporary parchment with remains of parchment ties. Cover slightly worn and splitting at spine. Some smudges and stains. Slight oxidation of ink in places.
- Sold by Gozzini sale (no. 1045), 1925.
- Accademic fiorentina
- Speeches, addresses, etc., Italian
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
Inside front cover
0625_0001.tif (63.0 MB)
0625_0001_thumb.jpg (3.7 KB)
0625_0001_web.jpg (227.0 KB)