Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 345 Nafissa
Other related names
- Martini, Giuseppe, 1870-1944, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 345
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580981
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Apparently unpublished libretto to an Italian pastoral oratorio to be sung by a cast of three singers: the shepherdess Nafissa, her lover Tifo, and Apollo. The author of this "poetical effort" (lo sforzo poetico, f. 2r) was an Abbate G. P. who had chosen the typically frightening name "the Poisoned" (Invelenato) as a member of the "Academy of the Bedeviled" (indiavolati).
- Ms. codex.
- Title from title page and caption title (f. 1r, 2r).
- Caption title (f. 2r): La Nafissa, o vero lo sforzo poetico deli abbate D. G. P. trà gli Academici indiavolati detto S. Invelenito. Oratorio à tré.
- Incipit (f. 2r): Or che dalla Cappanna[?] / ...
- Bookseller's note (H. P. Kraus) on file in the Library.
Extent10 leaves : 200 x 133 (179 x 81) mm. bound to 202 x 139 mm
CollationPaper, i + (modern paper) + 10 + i (modern paper); 1¹⁰; [1-10]; modern foliation in pencil, lower right recto.
- Sold in the collection of Giuseppe Martini to H. P. Kraus, ca. 1948.
- Sold by H. P. Kraus (New York), 1960.
- Italian literature--17th century
- Italian poetry--17th century
- Librettos (document genre for music)
- Manuscripts, Italian--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
0538_0001.tif (74.8 MB)
0538_0001_thumb.jpg (2.3 KB)
0538_0001_web.jpg (201.4 KB)