Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 357 Sicilian religious poetry
TitleSicilian religious poetry
Other related names
- Martini, Giuseppe, 1870-1944, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 357
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580996
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageItalian, in the Sicilian dialect
Written in Sicily in the early 17th century (Zacour-Hirsch).
- between 1600 and 1625
Collection of 60 poems in ottava rima on various religious themes. The author is unknown, but was probably an ecclesiastic.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Brief description, probably by an unidentified bookseller, on file in the Library.
Extent148 leaves : 94 x 140 (46 x 83) mm. bound to 99 x 150 mm
FoliationPaper, 160; [1-160]; modern foliation in pencil, lower right recto.
BindingContemporary limp vellum. Cover is worn and slightly loose. Various stains and smudges. Edges of some leaves worn.
- Formerly part of the Giuseppe Martini collection.
- Purchased, 1960.
- Devotional literature, Italian
- Italian literature--Italy--Sicily
- Italian poetry--17th century
- Religious poetry, Italian
- Manuscripts, Italian--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
2454_0001.tif (34.7 MB)
2454_0001_thumb.jpg (3.8 KB)
2454_0001_web.jpg (251.3 KB)