Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 408 Le quistioni aritmetiche di Diofanto generalmente risolute
TitleLe quistioni aritmetiche di Diofanto generalmente risolute
- Diophantus, of Alexandria Diophantus, of Alexandria
- Billy, Jacques de, 1602-1679 Billy, Jacques de, 1602-1679
Other related names
- Boncompagni, Baldassarre, 1821-1894, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 408
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1581182
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Mathematical work with numbered problems and corollaries and numerous equations arranged in 7 sections (Preliminari, Libri I-VI), including solutions and commentary from Diophantus geometra promotus (Paris, 1660) by Jacques de Billy, a French Jesuit and mathematician. A table of contents of the problems and corollaries of each book, titled Sommari de' problemi al Diofanto, follows the work (f. 218v-239r).
- Ms. codex.
- Title from caption title (f. 3r).
Extent240 leaves : 290 x 204 mm. bound to 298 x 217 mm
FoliationPaper, 240; [1-240]; modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
- Formerly owned by Prince Baldassare Boncompagni of Rome (no. 225, label on cover).
- Sold by Perrella, 1904; originally held in the Krauth Library of Philosophy, University of Pennsylvania; later transferred to the Rare Book & Manuscript Library, University of Pennsylvania.
- Mathematics--Early works to 1800
- Geometry--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Italian--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
1604_0001.tif (55.2 MB)
1604_0001_thumb.jpg (4.0 KB)
1604_0001_web.jpg (243.5 KB)