Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 448 Satire
- Dotti, Bartolomeo, 1651-1712 Dotti, Bartolomeo, 1651-1712
Call numberMs. Codex 448
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2486619
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Contains 24 satires and 13 sonnets, 2 satires and 10 sonnets marked "inedite" by a former owner (p. 269-270). Dotti's Rime were published in 1689 and his Satire in 1757, 1790, and 1807; no attempt has been made to ascertain whether the supposedly unpublished poems are actually "inedite," or are known in other mss.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from title page (p. iii), decorated with pen-and-ink title border.
- See also UPenn Ms. Codex 458 and Ms. Codex 459.
Extent138 leaves : 233 x 168 (176 x 60) mm. bound to 244 x 180 mm
FoliationPaper, i (contemporary paper) + 138 + i (contemporary paper); [iv] 1-56, 61-270, [ii]; contemporary pagination in ink, upper outer corners.
- Purchased, 1966.
- Italian poetry--17th century
- Italian poetry--18th century
- Manuscripts, Italian--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
2481_0001.tif (90.0 MB)
2481_0001_thumb.jpg (3.4 KB)
2481_0001_web.jpg (230.0 KB)