Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 461 Vita di Bartolommeo di Meo di Taldo di Valore Rustichelli...
TitleVita di Bartolommeo di Meo di Taldo di Valore Rustichelli...
- Robbia, Luca di Simone della
Other related names
- Stufa, Piero della, translator
- North, Frederick, Earl of Guilford, 1766-1827, former owner
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 461
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2486632
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- ca. 1600
Valori was a pro-Imperial Florentine aristocrat who supported Pope Clement VII, Alessandro de' Medici, and the Medici family's claims to power in the struggles after the 1527 sack of Rome. In 1535, however, he left Florence to join the republican exiles. He was captured at the 1537 Battle of Montemurlo and soon after executed with his sons by Duke Cosimo I.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from caption title (f.186r). Title on spine: Vita di Bartolo.Valore.
- Incipit: La città di Firenze...
- Presumably originally bound with preceding Ms. Codex 460.
Extent64 leaves : 268 x 186 (217 x 142) mm. bound to 278 x 201 mm
FoliationPaper, i (modern paper) + 64 + i (modern paper); 186-249; foliated in ink in a contemporary hand, bottom center recto. Catchwords on lower right verso.
Binding19th century half morocco.
- Formerly owned by Frederick North, Earl of Guilford (bookplate, inside upper cover); sold in the Guilford library at auction at Evans, 8 Dec. 1830, lot 584-2.
- Formerly in the library of Sir Thomas Phillipps, ms. 6126.
- Purchased, 1968.
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Italian--17th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- Manuscripts, European
Inside Front Cover
2489_0001.tif (53.6 MB)
2489_0001_thumb.jpg (3.6 KB)
2489_0001_web.jpg (201.5 KB)