Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 558 Copia del capitolare delli eccelentissimi signori inquisitori di stato
TitleCopia del capitolare delli eccelentissimi signori inquisitori di stato
Other related names
- Franz Josef II, Prince of Liechtenstein, 1906-1989, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 558
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2486511
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- ca. 1700
Rules and regulations of the inquisitors of state of the Venetian Republic beginning with the proceedings of the Great Council of June 16, 1504; proceedings of the Council of Ten of June 19, 1504, and continuing with the "Capitolar antico," the regulations issued June 23, 1504, followed by two supplements. According to bookseller's description (on file in Library) these regulations provided for a system of espionage covering all of Venetian society.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from caption title (f. 1r).
Extent68 leaves : 244 x 180 (208 x 130) mm. bound to 255 x 191 mm
FoliationPaper, i (18th-century paper) + 68 + i (18th-century paper); [1-68]; modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
Binding18th-century marbled paper.
- Formerly owned by Franz Josef II of Liechtenstein (bookplate, inside upper cover).
- Sold by H.P. Kraus, 1956.
- Manuscripts, Italian--17th century
- Manuscripts, Italian--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
- Inside front cover — Bookplate, Inside front cover
Inside front cover
0845_0001.tif (34.9 MB)
0845_0001_thumb.jpg (4.1 KB)
0845_0001_web.jpg (237.1 KB)
Decoration: Bookplate, Inside front cover