Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 561 Risposta all' historia della sacra inquisitione composta già dal R.P. Paolo Servita
TitleRisposta all' historia della sacra inquisitione composta già dal R.P. Paolo Servita
- Albizzi, Francesco, 1593-1684
Call numberMs. Codex 561
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2486514
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Written in Italy, 17th century.
Albizzi's response to Paolo Sarpi's history of the Inquisition was published anonymously, this copy lacks the index found in the second edition, and therefore may be a copy of the first edition.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger (Zacour-Hirsch).
Extent370 leaves : 273 x 204 (230 x 105) mm. bound to 280 x 215 mm
FoliationPaper, 370; [x], 1-202, 204-408, 408-549, 560-589, 591-657, [xliv]; contemporary pagination in ink, [x, 1-730]; modern pagination in pencil, upper outer corners.
BindingGreen-stained contemporary parchment. Moderate oxidation of ink throughout.
- Former owners include: Cardinal Giuseppe Renato Imperiali, 1651-1737 (signature, p. i; stamp, p. 1); Frederick North, Earl of Guilford (bookplate, inside upper cover); Sir Thomas Phillipps, no. 5318 (note, inside upper cover).
- Purchased, 1959.
- Inquisition--Italy--Venice--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Italian--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
- Inside front cover — Bookplate, Inside front cover
Inside front cover
2527_0001.tif (48.9 MB)
2527_0001_thumb.jpg (4.8 KB)
2527_0001_web.jpg (331.9 KB)
Decoration: Bookplate, Inside front cover