Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 583 Collectio diversorum decretorum Sacre Congregationis Sancti Officii Urbis Romae, ordine alphabetico digestorum
TitleCollectio diversorum decretorum Sacre Congregationis Sancti Officii Urbis Romae, ordine alphabetico digestorum
- Catholic Church Catholic Church
Other related names
- Lea, Henry Charles, 1825-1909, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 583
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2486538
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageLatin and Italian
- after 1685
An alphabetical digest of decrees, papal bulls, and letters pertaining to various aspects of the Inquisition: doctrine, crimes, judicial procedure, and administration. Most of the documents quoted date from circa 1590-1640.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from caption title (p. 1).
- Compare with UPenn Ms. Codex 672.
- Notes in pencil and in ink on p. i regarding provenance, dates in manuscript, and references to the Immaculate Conception are in the hand of Henry Charles Lea.
Extent221 leaves : 137 x 200 (160 x 114) mm. bound to 207 x 145 mm
FoliationPaper, i (18th-century paper) + 221 + i (18th-century paper); [iv], 1-423, [xvi]; contemporary pagination in ink, upper outer corners.
BindingContemporary gilt parchment, with 18th-century endleaves.
- Former owners include: James Lewis, LL. D., Cambridge (signature, p. i); Henry Charles Lea, 1891 (signature, p. i).
- Gift of Henry Charles Lea, 1909.
- Canon law--Early works to 1800
- Administrative records
- Manuscripts, Latin--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
- Inside front cover — Bookplate, Inside front cover
Inside front cover
2537_0001.tif (60.1 MB)
2537_0001_thumb.jpg (6.7 KB)
2537_0001_web.jpg (426.7 KB)
Decoration: Bookplate, Inside front cover