Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 598 Disputationes de poenitentia
TitleDisputationes de poenitentia
Other related names
- Lea, Henry Charles, 1825-1909, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 598
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2486554
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Written in Italy in the 17th century (Zacour-Hirsch).
Treatise on penitence as a virtue and penance as a sacrament.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from caption title (p. 1); later attribution to Bricci in ink (front flyleaf).
- Notes in pencil in the hand of Henry Charles Lea (f. i).
Extent111 leaves : 273 x 199 (256 x 155) mm. bound to 280 x 198 mm
FoliationPaper, i + 111 + i leaves; 1-14, [ii], 15-200, 181-200; contemporary pagination in ink, upper outer corners.
- Formerly owned by Henry Charles Lea (signature, dated 1891, front flyleaf); an unidentified library stamp includes the words Rome and des Français (p. 1).
- Bequest of Henry Charles Lea, 1909.
- Penance--Early works to 1800
- Virtues--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Latin--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
2788_0001.tif (57.2 MB)
2788_0001_thumb.jpg (4.2 KB)
2788_0001_web.jpg (243.6 KB)