Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 625 Receipts of pastry and cookery
TitleReceipts of pastry and cookery
- Kidder, E. 1665 or 6-1739
Call numberMs. Codex 625
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2363300
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Recipe book with a printed title page and manuscript collection of recipes. There is a table of contents for the various sections (p. 70) which include recipes for pies, pastries, cakes, broths, dressing fish, collaring, potting, pickling, and making jellies.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from printed title page, possibly from London, that reads in full: Receipts of pastry and cookery for the use of his scholars by Ed. Kidder; who teacheth at his school on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Wednesdays, in the afternoon, in St. Martin's Le Grand; and on Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays, in the afternoon, at his school next to Furnival's Inn in Holborn; and ladies may be taught at their own houses.
Extent37 leaves : 182 x 117 (165 x 113) mm. bound to 187 x 123 mm
FoliationPaper, i + 37 + i; [iii], 1-66, [67-71]; contemporary pagination in ink, upper outer corner.
Binding18th-century[?] stamped leather, with gilt stamped title on spine: Kidder Receipts.
- Gift of Esther Bradford Aresty, 1994.
- Cooking--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, English--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
Table of contents
- 70 — Table of contents, p. 70
Inside front cover
0841_0001.tif (60.7 MB)
0841_0001_thumb.jpg (3.0 KB)
0841_0001_web.jpg (231.5 KB)
0841_0076.tif (60.7 MB)
0841_0076_thumb.jpg (3.4 KB)
0841_0076_web.jpg (211.6 KB)
Section: Table of contents, p. 70