Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 636 Materia medica
Call numberMs. Codex 636
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2363199
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageLatin, with a few notes in French
Comprehensive materia medica with recipes for prescriptions, arranged in sections for purgatives, diuretics, emenagogues, emetics, diaphoretics, sudorifics, stomachics, febrifuges, and refrigerants.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- First leaf has been torn out, this may have been a title page. "Que vous etes bon" is inscribed on the two following leaves, no date or place [France? ca., 1690-1750] in manuscript.
- Origing: Possibly written in France in the 18th century.
Extent125 leaves : 224 x 164 (185 x 131) mm. bound to 234 x 175 mm
FoliationPaper, 125 leaves; [iv], 1-224, [225-246]; contemporary pagination in ink, modern pagination in pencil, upper outer corners; 1 leaf laid in between p. 54-55.
- Sold by Bruce J. Ramer, 1997.
- Medicine--Formulae, receipts, prescriptions--Early works to 1800
- Materia medica--France--Early works to 1800
- Pharmacy--France--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Latin--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
2556_0001.tif (45.3 MB)
2556_0001_thumb.jpg (4.6 KB)
2556_0001_web.jpg (284.0 KB)
Loose note 1, Side 1
2556_0061.tif (45.3 MB)
2556_0061_thumb.jpg (4.9 KB)
2556_0061_web.jpg (294.4 KB)
Loose note 1, Side 2
2556_0062.tif (45.3 MB)
2556_0062_thumb.jpg (4.7 KB)
2556_0062_web.jpg (295.6 KB)