Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 668 Instruttioni diverse
- Paul III, Pope, 1468-1549 Paul III, Pope, 1468-1549
- Martinengo, Girolamo, 1504-1569 Martinengo, Girolamo, 1504-1569
- Farnese, Cardinal Farnese, Cardinal
- Contareno, Cardinal Contareno, Cardinal
Call numberMs. Codex 668
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2487454
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageSeven items are in Latin, four items in Italian
Seventeenth-century copies of 11 ambassadorial instructions for legations to Emperor Charles V; to his brother Ferdinand, King Sigismund I of Poland; and to the delegates to the Council of Trent, dated 1534-1548. Most are related to Germany, a few to Spain. Instructions are directed to Cardinal Farnese, to abbate Girolamo Martinengo, to Cardinal Contareno, and others.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger (Zacour-Hirsch).
Extent134 leaves : 297 x 207 (203 x 125) mm. bound to 296 x 210 mm
FoliationPaper, 134; 23-28, 31-44, 47-52, 55-70, 73-94, 97-112, 115-137, 141-152, 155-160, 163-169, 173-177, contemporary foliation in ink, [1-134], modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto; missing folios between each item, final folio numbered 178 is blank.
BindingContemporary boards, parchment removed from spine, label removed from upper cover.
- Purchased, 1963.
- Catholic Church--Foreign relations--Holy Roman Empire
- Catholic Church--Foreign relations--Germany
- Catholic Church--Foreign relations--Poland
- Manuscripts, Latin--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
2567_0001.tif (53.7 MB)
2567_0001_thumb.jpg (4.1 KB)
2567_0001_web.jpg (356.6 KB)