Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 679 Reports, letters, discourses and treaties
TitleReports, letters, discourses and treaties
- Vannozzi, Bonifazio Vannozzi, Bonifazio
- Caetani, Enrico, 1550-1599 Caetani, Enrico, 1550-1599
- Ferdinando I, Grand-Duke of Tuscany, 1549-1609 Ferdinando I, Grand-Duke of Tuscany, 1549-1609
- Rudolf II, Holy Roman Emperor, 1552-1612 Rudolf II, Holy Roman Emperor, 1552-1612
- Bianchetti, Lorenzo Bianchetti, Lorenzo
- Tamasci, Joan Tamasci, Joan
Other related names
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 679
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2487465
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- 1597-ca. 1606
Comprised of two parts: A. Copies of letters and other documents from and to Bonifazio Vannozzi, secretary to papal legate Cardinal Caetani, regarding negotiations in Poland in 1596-1597, with the aim of creating a united front of Poland and the Habsburg monarchy against the Turks. Vanozzi acted as official recorder and it is likely that this part was written by him or under his direct supervision (according to Zacour-Hirsch). B. A Venetia...in two books.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger (Zacour-Hirsch).
Extent227 leaves : 275 x 205 mm. bound to 284 x 224 mm
FoliationPaper, ii + 225; [ii], [1-225]; modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto. 18th-century index added at front.
- Guilford Coll. 288 [corrected to 289]; Sir Thomas Phillips ms. 7637.
- Catholic Church--Foreign relations--Poland
- Astrology--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Italian--17th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
2676_0001.tif (59.4 MB)
2676_0001_thumb.jpg (3.7 KB)
2676_0001_web.jpg (248.1 KB)