Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 70 Poesias y obras
TitlePoesias y obras
- Hurtado de Mendoza, Diego, 1503-1575 Hurtado de Mendoza, Diego, 1503-1575
Call numberMs. Codex 70
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1551786
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- ca. 1600
Collection of works by Hurtado de Mendoza. Mostly verse, including numerous sonnets, with a short section of prose at the end (p. 190-219) consisting of a fictional exchange of letters between Captain Salazar (Salaçar) and Señor Bachiller and other letters under his own name. Marginal notes in another hand in the prose section.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from spine.
Extent225 leaves : 200 x 145 (178 x 69) mm. bound to 209 x 152 mm
FoliationPaper, iii (contemporary paper) + 217 + iii (contemporary paper); 1-35, 38, 37, 39-153, 155-156, 154, 159, 157, 158, 160-167, 169-219; contemporary foliation in ink, upper right recto.
BindingContemporary vellum. Generally sturdy and in good shape, with secure binding. Paper in generally good shape, though the ink appears to be acidic; on many pages the text is difficult to read because the ink has oxidized and the text on the reverse side of the leaf is showing through.
- Appears in Maggs Bros. cat. 495 (1927), no. 480; sold by Maggs Bros., 1929.
- Formerly in the Macauley Library, University of Pennsylvania (bookplate, inside upper cover).
- Spanish literature--Classical period, 1500-1700
- Spanish poetry--Classical period, 1500-1700
- Spanish prose literature--Classical period, 1500-1700
- Manuscripts, Spanish--16th century
- Manuscripts, Spanish--17th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
1470_0001.tif (73.2 MB)
1470_0001_thumb.jpg (4.1 KB)
1470_0001_web.jpg (240.5 KB)