Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 729 Libellus super electionibus faciendis et earum ordinandis
TitleLibellus super electionibus faciendis et earum ordinandis
- Guillaume, de Mandagot, d. 1321
Call numberMs. Codex 729
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2487571
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- between 1300 and 1325
Two unbound quires from a work dealing with a section of canon law, with Mandagot's own gloss on his work and some details relating to the church at Toulouse, where the author was provost for a time.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from rubric (f. 1r).
- Incipit: Venerabili viro discretione scientia et moribus...
- Explicit: ...in eodem opere contulit sua ineffabili pietate sit benedictio et claritas sapientia et gratiarum actio honor virtus et fortitudo in secula seculorum, amen. Explicit libellus electionum editus a magistro Guillermo de Mandagote archidiacono Nemausis (f. 24r).
- Same text as that of UPenn Ms. Codex 103.
- Parchment is brittle, cracking along outer edges of some leaves.
Extent24 leaves : 406 x 265 (335 x 225) mm
CollationParchment, 24; 2¹²; [1-24]; modern foliation in pencil, lower right recto.
Historiated initial of monk in scriptorium, with drollery of rabbit playing bagpipes (f. 1r); rubricated in red and blue, with decorated initials with penwork ornamentation in red and blue, in both text and commentary.
- Purchased, 1959.
- Canon law--Early works to 1800
- Election law (Canon law)--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Latin--14th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
0366_0000.tif (98.4 MB)
0366_0000_thumb.jpg (5.5 KB)
0366_0000_web.jpg (412.8 KB)
Decoration: Historiated initial, Initial U, Monk in scriptorium, f. 1r
Decoration: Drollery, Rabbit playing bagpipes, f. 1r