Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 783 Excerpts from alchemical and philosophical works
TitleExcerpts from alchemical and philosophical works
- Barrett, George Barrett, George
- Arnauld, Antoine, 1612-1694 Arnauld, Antoine, 1612-1694
Other related names
- Folliott, George, former owner
Call numberMs. Codex 783
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2705011
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Written in Great Britain in 1680 (note, inside upper cover).
Excerpts, notes, or lecture notes on philosophical subjects written in a blank book, the first section has no heading but appears to be alchemical.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Attribution or ownership and date on final leaf: George Barrett his Book: 1680.
- Incipit for first work: Chimia est ars corpora naturalia (f. 1r).
Extent120 leaves : 177 x 106 (162 x 99) mm. bound to 183 x 120 mm
FoliationPaper, 120; [ii], [1-118] modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
- Formerly owned by George Folliott (bookplate, inside upper cover).
- Sold by Zamboni & Huntington (Palo Alto, Cali.), 1992.
- Alchemy--Early works to 1800
- Chemistry--Early works to 1800
- Ethics--Early works to 1800
- Logic--Early works to 1800
- Metaphysics--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Latin--17th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
2741_0001.tif (49.0 MB)
2741_0001_thumb.jpg (4.3 KB)
2741_0001_web.jpg (268.1 KB)