Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 785 Recipe book
Call numberMs. Codex 785
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2706829
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- between 1705 and 1726
English cookery manuscript, with recipes for meats, cakes, puddings, jellies, fruit preserves, pickling, wine making, and medicinal recipes. A few are attributed to individuals: Mrs. Godrill, Mrs. Bonyer, Mrs. Battebey, Dr. Brabant, and Lady Hastings. Includes an alphabetical index at the end (p. 153).
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger.
- Dates 1705 and 1711 on p. 74; November 19, 1726 inside front cover.
Extent90 leaves : 184 x 146 mm. bound to 190 x 148 mm
FoliationPaper, 90; [ii], 1-143, [144-180]; contemporary pagination in ink, modern pagination in pencil, upper outer corners.
- Sold by Robert H. Rubin Books (Brookline, Mass.), 1995.
- Cooking, English--Early works to 1800
- Herbs--Therapeutic use--England--18th century
- Traditional medicine--Formulae, receipts, prescriptions
- Wine and wine making
- Manuscripts, English--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
Table of contents
- 153 — Index, p. 153
Inside front cover
1975_0001.tif (62.1 MB)
1975_0001_thumb.jpg (4.3 KB)
1975_0001_web.jpg (310.5 KB)
1975_0156.tif (62.1 MB)
1975_0156_thumb.jpg (5.4 KB)
1975_0156_web.jpg (336.8 KB)
Section: Index, p. 153