Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 80 Statuta civitatis Castelli
TitleStatuta civitatis Castelli
- Honorius, Sancti Jacobi filius
Call numberMs. Codex 80
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580388
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- between 1261 and 1273
Città di Castello (Italy)
Statutes of Città di Castello, in Umbria in Italy. The first section is dated 1261 (f. 1r-5v); the second section contains additions by the same scribe, also dated 1261 (f. 5v-6v); the third section contains further statutes, dated 1273 (f. 7r-14v).
- Ms. codex.
- Title from f. 3v and 7r.
- Incipit has faded; it would be legible under ultraviolet light.
- Colophon (f. 5v-6r) gives the name of the notary and the date: Ego ho[norius?] sancti jacobi filius Monete ...
Extent14 leaves : 415 x 304 mm. bound to 430 x 306 mm
CollationParchment, i (modern paper) + 14 + i (modern paper); I³, II⁴; [1-14]; modern foliation in pencil, lower right recto; single catchword in frame (f. 14v).
BindingVellum over cardboard, with ties woven through slits in front and back, 20th century; cover boards slightly warped, vellum split and peeling off boards around the edges.
ColophonColophon (f. 5v-6r) gives the name of the notary and the date: Ego ho[norius?] sancti jacobi filius Monete ...
- Archivio Magherini Grazziani (from Rudolf Hirsch's notes).
- Purchased, 1954.
- Law--Italy--Città di Castello
- Manuscripts, Latin--13th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
Inside front cover
0494_0001.tif (62.3 MB)
0494_0001_thumb.jpg (2.9 KB)
0494_0001_web.jpg (140.3 KB)