Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 802 Of the rise and progress of the obstetric art
TitleOf the rise and progress of the obstetric art
Call numberMs. Codex 802
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 2706826
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
- between 1775 and 1799
Appears to be a fair copy of lecture notes on obstetrics. The unidentified author cites as authorities Smellie, Ould, Heister, Watts, Cadogan, and others. Particular cases described are from London or elsewhere in England.
- Ms. codex.
- Title from caption heading (f. 2r).
Extent218 leaves : 208 x 126 (174 x 100) mm. bound to 215 x 140 mm
FoliationPaper, ii (modern paper) + 218 + ii (modern paper); [1-218]; modern foliation in pencil, upper right recto.
BindingModern quarter leather. Old water damage on the margins of the leaves; leaves are brittle, a few are torn.
- Formerly owned by the Mercantile Library, Philadelphia (stamp, f. 2r).
- Sold by Philadelphia Rare Books and Manuscripts, 1999.
- Obstetrics--Early works to 1800
- Medicine--Study and teaching--Early works to 1800
- Lecture notes
- Manuscripts, English--18th century
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
1877_0001.tif (58.3 MB)
1877_0001_thumb.jpg (2.6 KB)
1877_0001_web.jpg (217.0 KB)