Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 84 Statuta
- Valperga (Italy)
Call numberMs. Codex 84
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1580394
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Written in Valperga (Italy) in the last quarter of the 14th century.
- between 1375 and 1399
Statutes of Valperga. Incomplete at beginning and end.
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger (Zacour-Hirsch).
- Incipit and explicit: (f. 2r) Inquirere et inquisitiones formare ... (f. 23v) et intelligantur omnia suprascripta qualibus vice, qua contrafactum fuit sive foret.
- Thick rag paper. Quires sewn together with leather. Stitching loose; outer leaves torn and pulling loose.
- Traces of red wax seals on f. 2r at the bottom.
WatermarkSimilar to Piccard V. ii. 99 (Perugia, 1377-1378).
Extent22 leaves : 296 x 221 (207 x 154) mm
CollationPaper, 22; 1²⁴[-2]; 2-23; contemporary Roman foliation in ink, upper right recto. One folio is missing at the beginning, plus its conjugate at the end (this would have formed f. 1 and f. 24); more may be missing at the end.
- 17th or 18th-century shelf marks, "No. 37" and "42" (f. 22r). At some point the last extant folio was folded around and considered the first, so that f. 22 would have been in the position of the missing f. 1. The shelfmark "No. 37" is also written on f. 21v which would then have been the last verso of the manuscript.
- Purchased, 1958.
- Valperga (Italy)--Statutes
- Manuscripts, Latin--14th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance