Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Ms. Codex 853 Epistolae latinae
- Bonfadio, Jacopo, d. 1550
- Hesius, Ricardus
Call numberMs. Codex 853
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 3178014
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
LanguageLatin and Italian, with a few words in Greek
A collection of 24 model letters in Latin, several dated 1598. These letters are numbered 1-26, with 11 and 19 missing. Later additions of 6 letters in Latin by Ricardus Hesius dated 1603 and 1604 at the end (f. 23v-29v), and 7 Italian letters copied in spaces between Latin letters, including 2 dated 1612 and a copy of a 1541 letter by Jacomo Bonfadio (f. 14v).
- Ms. codex.
- Title supplied by cataloger (Zacour-Hirsch).
Extent31 leaves : 207 x 138 (167 x 105) mm. bound to 210 x 140 mm
FoliationPaper, 31; [1-31]; modern foliation in pencil, lower right recto.
BindingContemporary paper boards (Zacour-Hirsch).
- Sold by Libreria Nironi & Prandi, 1953.
- Latin letters, Medieval and modern--Early works to 1800
- Italian letters--Early works to 1800
- Letter writing--Early works to 1800
- Manuscripts, Latin--16th century
- Manuscripts, Italian--17th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- Manuscripts, European
Inside front cover
1551_0001.tif (73.1 MB)
1551_0001_thumb.jpg (3.1 KB)
1551_0001_web.jpg (218.3 KB)